Alcohol & Drugs affect performance
- Athletes that drink are 50% more likely to be injured.
- Getting drunk cancels 14 days of training.
- Binge drinking can lead to a decrease in testosterone levels which can lead to decreases in lean muscle mass.
- Alcohol consumption hinders muscle recovery.
- Reaction times are affected for 12 hours after drinking.
- Alcohol consumption interferes with lactic acid breakdown and can result in increased soreness after exercise.
- Hangovers reduce athletic performance by 11.4%.