The first recorded history of the weight room at Lexington High School started in the summer of 1976.
• Summer of 1976 - Mr. Denny Thorrell started out in the basement, under the stage at the high school, which is now known as the ISS room with 2 universal weight lifting devices and a few other weight lifting pieces of equipment.
• Thorrell and Mr. Ron Laux started having the Ag classes build equipment to use as weight lifting equipment. Through working concessions, Thorrell started raising enough money to slowly purchase new weight lifting equipment that was safer for Lexington athletes to use.
• Since that time, the weight room has been in many different locations throughout Lexington High School. From the basement, the weight room was moved to the stage, in the East gym for a few years before it was moved to Lexington Regional Health Center - Rehabilitation Services building on the west edge of town on 13th Street. It was located there for one summer before it was moved back over to the wrestling room which at the time was 2 rooms, on one side was the wrestling room and the other the weight room. The wrestling community of Lexington decided the wrestlers needed more space to wrestle so they tore down the wall that divided the two rooms and gave the wrestling team the entire space for wrestling. At that time, they built what is now the existing weight room we use today.
• In the summer of 2008, the weight room took on a new look. Many broken mirrors were taken down, fresh paint was added to the walls, older equipment was moved to the Middle School weight room to help build a good base weight room for our middle school athletes and to make room for the new equipment being added. New equipment was added to improve the space.
• In the summer of 2008, weight room records began being recorded as old records had been lost.
• In the spring of 2009, the first powerlifting competition was attended by a small group of Lexington Athletes.
• Fall of 2009, record boards were hung in the weight room.
• Summer of 2012, the weight room underwent a painting project that enhanced the visual appearance of the weight room.
• Summer of 2014, the weight room underwent another renovation and is now equipped like many college weight rooms. The room is filled with 10 Olympic Platform/Rack units which has helped improve the weight lifting program at LHS